Create a 2-page plan addressing the scholarship, service, and teaching elements of a specific nurse educator role in a specific context.
When we say we are nurse educators, the image that comes to mind for many is that of a nursing instructor in an undergraduate nursing program. The work that person is engaged in is teaching others how to be nurses. While that is certainly one aspect of the nurse educator role, the setting and the work may vary greatly. Some nurse educators, especially in university settings, will hold joint appointments as nursing faculty in a college of nursing and as clinicians in the university hospital. Other educators will work exclusively in a hospital or community setting, educating staff, patients, or community. Regardless of the setting, the role of educator encompasses more than teaching; there is also an expectation for scholarship and for service.
In this tripartite role, faculty in universities and colleges are expected to teach, participate in scholarly activities, and participate in service, which is defined as activities contributing to the good of the community, university, or profession beyond one’s defined job description. Many health care institutions will also have similar expectations for nurses in upper-level positions.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 2: Analyze the tripartite role of teaching, service, and scholarship.
. Describe a specific nurse educator role.
. Analyze the teaching, service, and scholarship expectations for a chosen nurse educator role.
· Competency 5: Articulate how nurse educators serve as change agents and leaders to help advance nursing education and nursing practice.
. Analyze qualifications in a chosen nurse educator role that facilitate being a change agent.
· Competency 6: Develop a plan for engaging in scholarship in an established area of expertise.
. Explain opportunities for scholarship related to a specific area of expertise.
· Competency 7: Establish a plan for pursuing continuous improvement in the nurse educator role.
. Generate a plan for meeting each aspect of the tripartite model.
· Competency 8: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with the expectations for a nursing education professional.
. Write coherently to support a central idea with correct grammar, usage, mechanics, and APA format and style as expected of a nursing education professional.
Create a short (approximately 2 pages) plan reflecting on how the three aspects of the tripartite model of teaching, service, and scholarship could be met for a particular nurse educator position in a context of interest to you.
In your plan, do the following:
· Describe the nurse educator role that your plan addresses, as well as any other pertinent details about that role. Be sure to give the role’s title and explain the context in which that role works.
· Analyze the teaching, service, and scholarship expectations for that role as you understand them, and how those expectations fit with the role.
· Identify publications, journals, and conferences that could be a fit for the scholarship conducted in this role. Explain the kinds of scholarship that would be a good fit for person in this role and with this expertise.
· Generate a plan that could be used by a person in this role for meeting each of the expectations you analyzed.
· Analyze additional qualifications that you believe are needed for this role (additional education, certifications, skills, and so on), explaining why they are necessary.
· Analyze the qualifications and areas of expertise related to this role that would facilitate serving as a change agent.
Your plan should meet the following requirements:
· Written communication: Written communication should be free of grammar and spelling errors that distract from the content.
· APA format: Use correct APA format, including running head, page numbers, and a title page. Citations and references (if used) are to be in correct APA format.
· Format: Submit your assessment as a Word document.
· Length: Approximately two double-spaced pages, not including the title page and references page.
· Font and font size: Times New Roman or Arial, 12 point.
Click here to ORDER an A++ paper from our MASTERS and DOCTORATE WRITERS
Your assignment woes end here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched for a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
ORDER NOW FOR AN ORIGINAL PAPER ASSIGNMENT
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
SCORE A+ WITH HELP FROM OUR PROFESSIONAL WRITERS: ORDER NOW FOR AN ORIGINAL PAPER ASSIGNMENT
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so that it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Your assignment woes end here!