Week 13 Final Project
COLLEGE OF NURSING AND PUBLIC HEALTH
NSG4076 RN-BSN SYNTHESIS
RN-BSN STUDENT INFORMATION PACKET
Revision: Jan 2018
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Health Promotion Project 2
Practicum Site Affiliation Agreement 2
Sponsor/Preceptor Selection 3
Project Proposal. 3
Reflective Practicum Journal 3
Clinical Hours Log 3
Student Evaluation of the Practicum Experience 3
Review of Students 3
Practice Setting Requirement 3
Students Health Requirements 4
Health Insurance 4
Valid Nursing License 4
Students Liability Insurance 5
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation 5
Comprehensive Background Check 5
Drug Testing 6
HIPAA / OSHA Policy 6
Sponsor/Preceptor Responsibilities 7
Students Responsibilities 8
Course Faculty Responsibilities 9
Students Checklist for Planning Practicum Experience 9
Appendix A RN-BSN Practicum Proposal 11
Appendix B Direct Activities Log 12
Appendix C Indirect Activities Log 13
Appendix D Review of Students by Sponsor/Preceptor 14
Appendix E Students Evaluation of Practicum Experience 15
Appendix F Students Health Assessment Form 16
Appendix G CastleBranch Clinical Requirements 18
See suprograms.info for program duration, tuition, fees, and other costs, median debt, salary data, alumni success, and other important info.
The purpose of this information packet is to serve as a reference for College of Nursing policies and information about the practicum course, NSG4076, RN to BSN Capstone Synthesis. Students are required to read this information packet and the South University RN-BSN Students Handbook to promote effective communication and positive student outcomes. The College of Nursing revises information and policies contained in this information packet periodically and will keep students informed of any such changes.
The clinically focused capstone course in the RN-BSN program reflects the requirements of our accrediting body, the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). AACN released a position statement in 2012, requiring practice experiences for all baccalaureate students, including RN-BSN students. This clinical experience should lead to the development of higher-level psychomotor skills and critical thinking for the RN-BSN students.
Practice experiences for the RN-BSN include direct and indirect care.
The following definitions of direct and indirect care (listed below) can be found in the AACN white paper Expectations for Practice Experiences in the RN to Baccalaureate Curriculum (AACN 2012, p. 3):
· Direct care refers to nursing care activities provided at the point of care to patients or working with other healthcare providers that are intended to achieve specific health goals or achieve selected health outcomes. Direct care may be provided in a wide range of settings, including long term care, home health, community-based settings, and education settings (Suby, 2009; Upenieks, Akhavan, Kolterman, et al., 2007).
· Indirect care refers to nursing decisions, actions, or interventions that are provided through or on behalf of patients. These decisions or interventions create the conditions under which nursing care or self-care may occur. Nurses might use administrative decisions, population or aggregate health planning, or policy development to affect health outcomes in this way (Suby, 2009; Upenieks, Akhavan, Kotlerman, et al., 2007).
NSG4076 course description:
In this clinical course, the student integrates and synthesizes the curricular components of assessment, health promotion/clinical prevention, research, professionalism, teaching, leadership, information management and technology, as well as healthcare policies to create and implement a clinical project relating to the healthcare needs of an aggregate within the community. Creation and implementation of the project will include direct and indirect care of clients in the selected aggregate.
This is the last course in the students’ program of study. The focus of this practicum is community health. The following information provides guidance in the implementation of a community health and population-focused health promotion activity. A final note: Throughout this course, the student will draw on previous learning. Students may also find that previously completed course assignments, projects, and textbooks are useful for completing the assignments in this course.
Additional information about the clinical practicum is located in the practicum preparation classroom modules (for online students).
HEALTH PROMOTION PROJECT
Click here to ORDER an A++ paper from our MASTERS and DOCTORATE WRITERS
Your assignment woes end here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched for a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
ORDER NOW FOR AN ORIGINAL PAPER ASSIGNMENT
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
SCORE A+ WITH HELP FROM OUR PROFESSIONAL WRITERS: ORDER NOW FOR AN ORIGINAL PAPER ASSIGNMENT
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so that it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Your assignment woes end here!