Discussion: Prepare an accurate and consistent discharge summary.
Why is it important to consider the first session the beginning of discharge planning? Why is it important to prepare an accurate and consistent discharge summary? Be sure to include ethical considerations and involvement of the client.
This discussion question meets the following NASAC Standards:
1) Conduct continuing care, relapse prevention, and discharge planning with the client and involved significant others.
2) Assure the accurate documentation of case management activities throughout the course of treatment.
3) Apply placement, continued stay, and discharge criteria for each modality on the continuum of care.
4) Prepare an accurate, concise, informative, and current discharge summary
The response should include a reference list. Double-space, using Times New Roman 12 pnt font, one-inch margins, and APA style of writing and citations.
An introduction that:
- sets out the context/background of your argument;
- introduces the content of the essay;
- introduces the theoretical perspectives you will be using;
- may define key terms (alternatively you can do the work of defining terms in the second paragraph);
- sets out your thesis statement/line of argument/central contention; and
- explains how the essay will be organised (order of points).
A body containing several paragraphs, each of which will:
- present a topic sentence or central idea supporting your thesis statement/line of argument/central contention;
- contain developing sentences which extend on or amplify the topic sentence;
- give evidence/examples/references that support/relate to your topic sentence; and
- provide a concluding/linking sentence.
A conclusion, which:
- restates your thesis statement/line of argument/central contention; and
- summarises the points and evidence you provided to support your thesis.