Click here to ORDER an A++ paper from our MASTERS and DOCTORATE WRITERS:Nursing Interventions Caring for Pediatric Clients Health Disorders
Your assignment woes end here!
Nursing Interventions Caring for Pediatric Clients Health Disorders
Prioritize nursing interventions when caring for pediatric clients with health disorders.
A 5-year-old Gabriel is a multiracial male weighing 48 lbs with an allergy to penicillin arrives in the emergency room, no cultural considerations identified. You are handed the following notes on the patient that read:
He arrived in ER with his mother after falling out of bed after jerking movement activity as witnessed by his older brother while sleeping. Right-upper extremity appears with deformity. Mother and child speak English. Child has no significant medical history. Mother reports incontinent of urine during episode.
Vital Signs: T 102.9, P 135, R 24, BP 118/60, O2 sat 100% RA
General Appearance: appears drowsy; face flushed, quiet
Neuro: oriented X3
Respiratory: lungs clear
Integumentary: very warm, dry
GI/GU: abdomen normal
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Complete Metabolic Panel (CMP)
- Urinalysis with culture and sensitivity (U/A C&S)
- Blood Cultures x 2
- X-rays kidneys,
- Influenza screening
- Acetaminophen 15 mg/kg PO now
- Ibuprofen 10 mg/kg PO now
- Pad side rails
- Suction at bedside with seizure precautions
- Radiographs of right arm
- Cast to right arm
- Start PO fluids and increase as tolerated
The physician discharges Gabriel from ER to home with a diagnosis of; Right ear infection, Acute Febrile Seizure and fracture of the right ulna.
Discharge orders include:
- Follow up with pediatrician in 7 days
- Follow up with pediatric orthopedics in 7-10 days
- Cefuroxime 30mg/kg PO BID for 10 days not to exceed 1,000mg daily. What is the recommended dosage if cefuroxime is supplied as an oral suspension 125mg/5ml or 250/5ml?
- Acetaminophen 15 mg/kg PO Q4 hours PRN fever or pain and ibuprofen 10 mg/kg PO Q6 hours PRN fever and pain for up to 3 days
- Acetaminophen is available as 160 mg/5 mL. Ibuprofen is available as 100 mg/ 5 mL.
- What is the amount of acetaminophen in mg and ml per dose? What is the amount of ibuprofen in mg and ml per dose?
Develop a discharge plan with three goals listed in order of priority, prior to discharge from current orders. Provide rationale for why you listed the goals in a particular order. Also, list three nursing interventions to meet each of the goals (you should have nine interventions in total). Last, give the mother the exact dosage she will need to give the child for acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and the cefuroxime when she gets home and explain why the exact dosage is important.
Your assignment woes end here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so that it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper