NUR 502 Grand Canyon Week 1 Assignment Master’s Prepared Nurse Interview
Details: NUR 502 Grand Canyon Week 1 Assignment Master’s Prepared Nurse Interview.
Refer to the “Master’s Prepared Nurse Interview Guide_student” as you prepare this assignment.
Interview a nurse who is master’s-prepared in nursing and is using this education in a present position. Preferably, select someone who is in a position similar to your chosen specialty track. The purpose of the interview is for you to gain insight into the interplay among education, career path, and opportunities. Be certain to identify specific competencies that the MSN-prepared nurse gained, and is presently using, that reflect advanced education. Organize your interview around the topics below:
- Overview of the master’s-prepared nurse’s career
- Reason for seeking graduate education
- Description of present position and role
- Usefulness of graduate education for present role
- Pearls of wisdom he/she is willing to share
In 750-1,000 words, write the interview in a narrative format. Use the following guidelines:
- Within the paper’s introduction, explain your interview selection.
- Do not identify the individual by name.
- Use centered headings to separate parts of the interview.
- In the conclusion, identify one or more competencies from the interview that are consistent with GCU program competencies and/or AACN education essentials. In addition, provide a statement that reflects what you gained from the interview.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.