Click here to ORDER an A++ paper from our MASTERS and DOCTORATE WRITERS:Interprofessional Teams and Patient Outcomes Paper
Your assignment woes end here!
Interprofessional Teams and Patient Outcomes Paper
The purpose of the iCARE Paper assignment is to explore the concept of interprofessional teams and patient outcomes. Nursing supportive actions of compassion, advocacy, resilience, and evidence-based practice will serve as a way to apply care concepts.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO1: Applies principles of nursing, theories, and the care philosophies to self, colleagues, individuals, families, aggregates and communities throughout the healthcare system. (PO#1)
CO6: Plans clinical practice activities that integrate professional nursing standards in accordance with the Nursing Code of Ethics and the American Nurses’ Association (ANA) standards of practice. (PO#6)
The assignment is worth 200 points.
Submit your completed assignment by Sunday end of Week 5 by 11:59 p.m. MT.
Please review the infographic as way to guide you in getting started with your assignment: Developing an Assignment with Integrity (Links to an external site.)
Getting Started: Interprofessional teams are part of practice trends we see developing in all aspects of care delivery. Consider you own work environment (or recent clinical setting).
- For this assignment, consider the concept of interprofessional teamwork and patient outcomes.
- Look to your current workplace as an example. (If you are not currently employed, look to a past workplace or clinical practice area.)
- Apply the components of the iCARE concept to interprofessional teams in a short paper. (Body of the paper to be 3 pages, excluding the title page and references page)
- iCARE components are:
E vidence-Based Practice (EBP)
- How could you contribute to an interprofessional team and patient outcomes through nursing actions of: compassion, advocacy, resilience, and evidence-based practice?
- Select one scholarly nursing article from CINAHL as a resource for your paper. Additional scholarly sources can be used but are optional. When searching in the CINAHL database, please limit your search word to one component of the paper you wish to emphasize, such as ‘Resilience’. Searching for the term iCARE will not produce the results you need.
- Use APA format throughout, particularly in citations and on the References page.
- Please paraphrase throughout. One short quote is permitted.
- The prepared paper template is RECOMMENDED for this assignment.
Download the assignment template here:
iCare Assignment Template (Links to an external site.) – APA 6th edition
iCare Assignment Template (Links to an external site.) – APA 7th edition
A short tutorial with tips for completing this assignment may be viewed here: iCARE Paper Tutorial (Links to an external site.)
Elements of iCARE paper
- Title page
- Below are the headings to be used for this assignment.
- Introduction: (No heading needed here in APA) Explain the type of work setting you are discussing and whether interprofessional teams are currently present. If interprofessional teams are present, indicate a team function that could be improved. If interprofessional teams are NOT present, indicate what type of team you think might be possible in the setting.
Describe a nursing action item for each component below that could contribute to: interprofessional team support; how this might impact the culture of your unit or organization; and possible impact on patient outcomes.
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Summary: Include a summary statement of how iCARE components can support interprofessional teams and patient outcomes. Address how you may be able to influence this process of support for interprofessional teams overall in your unit or organization.
- References page: List any references used in APA format.
Before preparing your assignment, please review this “Crediting Sources Made Simple (Links to an external site.)“ resource. This tool is intended to help you understand scholarly writing, APA, referencing, and crediting. Please reach out to your instructor with any questions as you prepare your assignment.
Chamberlain College of Nursing values honesty and integrity. All students should be aware of the Academic Integrity policy and follow it in all discussions and assignments.
By submitting this assignment, I pledge on my honor that all content contained is my own original work except as quoted and cited appropriately. I have not received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment. Please see the grading criteria and rubrics on this page.
Please see the grading criteria and rubrics on this page.
NOTE: Please use your browser’s File setting to save or print this page.
Week 5 iCARE Paper Grading Rubric
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeIntroductionThe type of work setting and interprofessional team features are described (improvement or type of team).||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeCompassionNursing action related to compassion is described in support of the interprofessional team, the culture of the unit, and patient outcomes.||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAdvocacyNursing action related to advocacy is described in support of the interprofessional team, the culture of the unit, and patient outcomes.||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeResilienceNursing action related to resilience is described in support of the interprofessional team, the culture of the unit, and patient outcomes.||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeEvidence-Based PracticeNursing action related to EBP is described in support of the interprofessional team, the culture of the unit, and patient outcomes.||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeSummaryExplain how nursing actions of the iCARE components can support interprofessional teams and patient outcomes. Address how you can influence support for interprofessional teams on your unit or area of practice.||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeMechanics and OrganizationThe discussion is well organized and logical. The structure is clear and compelling to the reader. Paragraphs are linked together logically, and main ideas stand out||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAPAAPA format is used throughout.||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeUse of CINAHL article as Required Source from CCN Library||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeLate Deduction||
|Total Points: 200.0V|