Has Any One Ever Worked With Sentinel City For Nursing Assignments
Assignment – Professional Roles and Organizations
There are many roles a professional nurse may assume. As a member of a professional group, nurses should become active in one or more professional nursing organizations. There are many reasons to get involved-becoming involved in a professional nursing organization provides the nurse with a voice to address issues that impact nursing practice and provides a means to help the nurse stay up to date in their area of practice.
Student Instructions for Sentinel City®
Sentinel City® is an educational simulation developed by SentinelU to represent what you may find in any real United States city. This educational simulation provides a unique opportunity to explore the health and environmental issues facing American cities today, without having to leave your home. You will be able to take a simulated bus trip and/or walk around the city while observing the environment and people of Sentinel City®. Through your observations, you will gather information to assess potential health issues and risks within this educational simulation learning environment.
We encourage you to keep a notepad nearby and take notes about your observations of the city. You may take the bus tour as many times as needed to complete your assignments. You will assess different factors that may contribute to or detract from the health and wellness of the community and its citizens. After making your observations, you will return to the course and complete the related assignments. Please review the grading rubric for each assignment prior to exploring Sentinel City®.
During your first trip through the city, you will focus on the core of the community, its people. You may be asked to describe the people you see, and any expected or unexpected findings related to the citizens of Sentinel City®. Your keen observations will be the foundation to successfully completing upcoming assignments within your course.
Assignment is due: Tuesday, November _10th_ at Midnight on D2L Clinical Week 12 Drop Box
Part 1 – Take a Getting Started With Sentinel City Tour on the bus and answer the following:
You are a __Community Registered Nurse___.
Your job is to ___Answer the following questions in paragraph format as you tour Sentinel City on the bus_______.
− Who do you see?
− What would you do?
− What is your plan?
− Who would be involved?
− What strategies will be used?
− What resources are needed?
− What additional questions would you ask?
− What information do you need? From whom? When?
− Where did you notice this in Sentinel City® Community Health Simulation?
− How would you resolve the situation?
− Why are the conditions this way?
Part 2 – Assignment Instructions
1. Enter Sentinel City® and interview the City Health Director. The City Health Director has additional information about the various roles that a professional nurse may assume.
2. Review course readings and other available resources. Chapter 1 & 2 of Demarco & Healy-Walsh (2020)
3. Select three professional roles that are available to nurses and discuss how each role may impact the patient, family, or healthcare in general.
4. Identify two professional organizations and discuss how active involvement would advance the nursing profession as well as contribute to your professional development.
· For a list of state, national, and international nursing organizations, visit Nursing.org at
· Review the Sentinel Watch. Every Nurse Should Belong to Professional Organization http://www.americansentinel.edu/blog/2017/01/17/every-nurse-should-belong-to-professional-organizations/
5. To demonstrate mastery, each student will complete the following.
A 5-6 slide PowerPoint presentation, addressing #3 and #4 above. References in APA format. The title slide and reference slide are separate.
6. For questions, contact your instructor.
· Identify professional nursing roles
· Analyze how the professional nursing role impacts healthcare
· Identify professional nursing organizations
· Discuss the importance of involvement in a professional nursing organization
AACN BSN Essentials
This assignment addresses the following AACN BSN Essentials:
· Essential VI: Interprofessional Communication and Collaboration for Improving Patient Health
· Communication and collaboration among healthcare professionals are critical to delivering high quality and safe patient care
· Essential VII: Clinical Prevention and Population Health for Optimizing Health
· Practice evidence-based public health nursing to promote the health of individuals, families, and groups
AACN Public Health Essentials
This assignment addresses the following AACN Public Health Essential:
· Essential VIII: Professionalism and Professional Values
· Professionalism and the inherent values of altruism, autonomy, human dignity, integrity,
and social justice are fundamental to the discipline of nursing.
Grading Rubric – Professional Roles and Organizations
|Part 1 Getting Started Tour||Thoroughly answered in paragraph format||Mostly answered all observations on the tour||Did not write in paragraph format or did not address observations|
|Professional Nursing Roles||Identifies 3 professional nursing roles||Identifies 1-2 professional nursing roles||Does not identify professional nursing roles|
|Discussion of how three professional nursing roles impact healthcare||Includes a detailed discussion of 3 professional roles and the impact of these roles on healthcare||Discusses 1-2 professional roles and their impact on healthcare||Does not include a discussion of how professional nursing roles impact healthcare|
|Professional nursing organizations||Identifies 2 professional organizations||Identifies 1 professional organization||Does not identify professional organizations|
|Discussion of how the two professional organizations advance nursing practice and contribute to your professional development||Provides a detailed discussion on 2 professional organizations and explains the benefit to the nursing profession and self||Discusses how 1 professional organization benefits the nursing profession and contributes to professional development||Does not include a discussion of how professional organizations contribute to the nursing profession and professional development|
|Conforms to current APA standards for headings, citations and/or reference page with at least two scholarly articles referenced plus the text book.||0-1 APA format error, textbook and 2 references||2-4 APA format errors. Missing 1 reference.||>4 APA format errors|
No references listed.
|Student Mastery Level & Faculty Comments:____/18__|
Click here to ORDER an A++ paper from our MASTERS and DOCTORATE WRITERS
Your assignment woes end here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched for a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
ORDER NOW FOR AN ORIGINAL PAPER ASSIGNMENT
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
SCORE A+ WITH HELP FROM OUR PROFESSIONAL WRITERS: ORDER NOW FOR AN ORIGINAL PAPER ASSIGNMENT
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so that it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Your assignment woes end here!