A 52-year-old patient has just arrived in the Emergency Department with complaints of severe abdominal pain, nausea, and vomiting over the last few days
A 52-year-old patient has just arrived in the Emergency Department with complaints of severe abdominal pain, nausea, and vomiting over the last few days. His abdomen is distended. He has poor skin turgor and dry mucous membranes. He has not urinated since yesterday. He has felt “dizzy” and “weak” all evening. He thought it might be the flu, but decided to come in because the stomach pains were getting worse. He has signed informed consent for treatment and labs have been drawn.
his name is Stan Checketts
These are his issues
- Fluid Volume Disturbances, Chapter 13, pp. 259-262
- Acid-Base Disturbances, Chapter 13, pp. 283-288
- Hypovolemic Shock, Chapter 14, pp. 308-310
- Bowel Obstruction, Chapter 47, pp. 1327-1329
1. Instructions and guidelines (Read carefully)
- Insert your name and surname in the space provided above, as well as in the file name. Save the file as: First name Surname Assignment 4 – e.g. Lilly Smith Assignment 4. NB: Please ensure that you use the name that appears in your student profile on the Online Campus.
2 Write all your answers in this document. There is an instruction that says, “Start writing here” under each question. Please type your answer there.
3 Submit your assignment in Microsoft Word only. No other file types will be accepted.
4 Do not delete the plagiarism declaration or the assignment instructions and guidelines. They must remain on your assignment when you submit.
PLEASE NOTE: Plagiarism cases will be penalised according to the Head Tutor’s and GetSmarter’s discretion.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please ensure that you have checked your course calendar for the due date for this assignment.
1 There are eight pages and one question in this assignment.
2 Make sure that you have carefully read and fully understood the questions before answering them. Answer the questions fully but concisely and as directly as possible. Follow all specific instructions for individual questions (e. g. “list”, “in point form”).
3 Answer all questions in your own words. Do not copy any text from the notes, readings or other sources. The assignment must be your own work only.
|1. I know that plagiarism is wrong. Plagiarism is to use another’s work and pretend that it is one’s own.
2. This assignment is my own work.
3. I have not allowed, and will not allow, anyone to copy my work with the intention of passing it off as his or her own work.
4. I acknowledge that copying someone else’s assignment (or part of it) is wrong, and declare that my assignments are my own work.
2. Mark allocation
Each question receives a mark allocation. However, you will only receive a final percentage mark and will not be given individual marks for each question. The mark allocation is there to show you the weighting and length of each question.
Complete Question 1 in this document. Make sure you have read Modules 3 and 4 before completing this assignment.
Make sure that you show all your workings within the assignment when calculations are required.